SRSC Annual Scholarship
2017 Scandia Riders Saddle Club Scholarship Award
This scholarship is open to any Scandia Riders Saddle Club member to help meet expenses that would result from entering or attending a Vocational Technical School or College. To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must have been a member in good standing for one full year previous to the application due date.
This is a general scholarship in the amount of $250.00. No specific field of study or particular institute is designated as a pre-requisite. The application is due by July 15th. All applicants will meet and be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee at the SRSC General Meeting in August.
One scholarship in the amount of $250.00 will be awarded at the SRSC General Meeting in October. Before the award payment will be given, the scholarship recipient must supply proof of payment for tuition and/or books from the Vocational Technical School or College.
1. You must have proof of enrollment in a post-secondary educational institution. (Bring Letter of Acceptance to interview.)
2. You must have received a high school diploma or a GED certificate before July 1st.
3. You must have volunteered a minimum of 2 hours work at a SRSC club function, or spent time working on a SRSC club committee within the past year.
4. You must submit a short essay of less than 250 words. This essay should include your future educational or professional plans. (The essay could include your reasons for choosing your field of study and why you should be awarded this scholarship.)
5. You must submit a letter of recommendation from a non-related adult, non-SRSC member (teacher, employer, neighbor, …).
6. You must apply for the scholarship by July 15th.
7. Prior to the award payment being given, the scholarship recipient must supply proof of payment for tuition and/or books from the Vocational Technical School of College.